Search for Books // Busca por nombre, autor o ISBN
Pretty in Punxsutawney (Hardcover)
The only thing worse than the first day of senior year at a new high school is reliving it over, and over again. This ?Groundhog Day? meets Pretty in Pink mashup has Andie using all of her film knowledge to find out how to break the curse. Could it be true love's first kiss? Or is it reconciling with her own misconceptions? Only time will tell.
Andie is the type of girl who always comes up with the perfect thing to say ... after it's too late to say it. In a disastrous first day full of mishap at her new high school in Punxsutawney, PA, she just wants to disappear. Her passion and knowledge of movies -- from rom coms to suspense and everything in between -- made her think a fresh start would be easy, and maybe lead to her first kiss. When she wakes up caught in an endless loop of her first day at her new school, Andie decides to take matters into her own hands and find a way to stop the time loop -- whatever it takes.
Convinced the curse will be broken when she meets her true love, Andie embarks on a mission: infiltrating the various cliques--from the jocks to the nerds to the misfits--to find the one boy who can break the spell. What she discovers along the way is that people who seem completely different can often share the very same hopes, dreams, and hang-ups. And that even a day that has been lived over and over can be filled with unexpected connections and plenty of happy endings.
Pretty in Punxsutawney:
- Includes tropes of -- coming of age, first kiss, first crush, true love, and misfits
- Addresses social issues of self-discovery, navigating cliques, and overcoming stereotypes
- Is an homage to beloved 80s movies, such as John Hughes'?The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, ?and?Pretty in Pink?
- Is perfect for fans of This Is Kind of an Epic Love Story by Kacen Callender or The Do-Over by Jennifer Honeybourn
- Is a 2020 YALSA Quick Pick for Reluctant Young Adult Readers