Search for Books // Busca por nombre, autor o ISBN
Warden Force: Night Rider and Other True Game Warden Adventures: Episodes 1-13 (Paperback)
This is not a novel. This book, like the other eight books of the WARDEN FORCE series, is a collection of short stories, all true, the fascinating and often harrowing experiences of real game wardens pursuing armed violators in wild and remote places. TV shows such as WILD JUSTICE (National Geographic), NORTH WOODS LAW (Animal Planet) and LONE STAR LAW (Animal Planet) introduced the public to the real-life adventures of game wardens and conservation officers, a public hungry for more. And now, for readers, the WARDEN FORCE series provides the most exhaustive and comprehensive work in literature on this little known and often dangerous profession.
Award winning author Terry Hodges was himself a California State Fish and Game warden and supervisor/leader of game wardens for over 30 intense years. He writes with the authority possible only by those who have actually lived the life, who have actually packed a badge and a gun on behalf of wildlife and battled all manner of wildlife-destroying outlaws.
Season 1 contains the first 13 episodes
- The Midnight Ride of Bonnie and Clyde: Wardens tangle with a murderous mother-and-son poaching team.
- Night Rider: A California warden pursues highly dangerous night-poachers of wild pigs.
- Decisions: Wardens off the coast of Southern California's Catalina Island risk their lives to save the crew of a sinking commercial squid-fishing boat.
- A Second Second Chance: A California game warden ambushes outlaw catfish fishermen using baby swallows for bait.
- The Collectors: California wardens take on a nest of Nazi-worshiping, weapons-collecting, deer poaching outlaws.
- Nothin' Personal: California wardens track down a thief who steals the head and antlers of another hunter's buck.
- Bottom Feeders: California wardens go after a band of white-trash, sturgeon-poaching hillbillies with attitudes.
- An Outing with Team Taylor: A California game warden and his family, on a short vacation, team up to capture antelope, bear and steelhead poachers.
- Rookie: A rookie California game warden gets his first taste of his hazardous new career.
- Grand Trickery: A California warden employs a magnificent bluff to catch outlaws night-poaching deer.
- Tough Luck on the Little Sur: California wardens pursue gaunch-hook steelhead poachers.
- Serial Poacher: Wardens pursue a disturbing and dangerous lone-wolf deer poacher.
- The Vision: A boy's fondest dream comes true.
"Hodges is a gifted writer able to let you imagine you are right there experiencing the workings of California's game wardens. I have read most of his books and thoroughly enjoy his writing. He is able to capture factual events mixed with creativity to describe events in a manner that puts you there. Anyone who enjoys the outdoors will appreciate this book."- John Johnson