Search for Books // Busca por nombre, autor o ISBN
Living in Kinship: Our Soil Community, Soil Health Presentation and Garden Fundraiser
'Living in Kinship: Our Soil Community' is the first in a series were we will explore soil, agriculture and our interconnectedness with the land. This soil community presentation will be accompanied by a live raffle on Saturday, January 7th from 6-9pm at 906 W Roosevelt St (Palabras Bilingual Bookstore).
The intentions of this presentation are to recognize:
- soil as living & breathing entity
- soil as a functioning community
- soil as living being that deserves to be respected and protected
- we are all scientists; you do NOT need a degree to tell you what our ancestors have always known
We will investigate the following questions:
- What is soil?
- Who lives in the soil?
- How do we identifying & nurture a healthy (soil) community?
We will hold space to explore questions we may have about the soil.
This will be interactive, so please feel free to share any knowledge that may benefit the collective.
Knowledge exchange and preservation is power; Bring a notepad and writing utensil.
All raffle tickets are $5 per entry; no limit for number of entries. Event tickets and raffle tickets can be purchased at the door at the day of the event as well.
Click HERE to RSVP and/or donate
This event is organized and presented by local community member Itza,